Tell us about yourself...
Most of our jobs never get advertised. They go to people who are already listed in the Workstream candidate database. Make sure you're among the first to hear about new construction job opportunities with Workstream – use one of the top three links below to get yourself on our database too.
Click on the "Candidate Resources" link to get access to stuff that will be useful once you're on our database.
Our Current Job Opportunities...
We add new vacancies to our website every hour of every day, so don't forget to come back regularly if there's nothing here for you right now. Click here to register as a candidate with Workstream and you can be sure to find out about our new jobs before we advertise them!Job Search Home
Estimator / Surveyor (1907-114)
Our client is looking for an Estimator / Surveyor to join their company, reporting to the Sales Director.
- To support the company in the production of Commercial Interior Specified Works as well as Design and Build Fit Out proposals for various sized projects
- To respond to fit out and refurbishment opportunities by completing detailed, accurate and competitive tender documents within the agreed timescales
- To work with the company to ensure SEC Interiors maintain a leading edge approach to producing accurate costing and specification documents and quotations
- To continually raise the standards with regards to technical specifications and detailing on all jobs to ensure that information produced for quotations is suitable for contract delivery
- Through accurate and professional work support the Lead Gen and Project Sales Team in maintaining the company’s network of Surveyors and Consultants etc
- Respond to enquiries/tenders from these sources
- Complete tenders including carrying out site visits/surveys, liaising with specialist contractors to obtain their prices for inclusion and using internal pricing tools to price standard works
- Working with the Project Sales Team and the Design and Proposals Teams to price and pull together the company’s proposals that are developed and specified on a design and build basis with the company’s end user clients and prospects including the same tasks as mentioned above when preparing these bids
- Support the Development Team in developing and making more intelligent and efficient our internal estimating packages
- Support the Delivery Team in an overviewing/advisory capacity when contracts are gained in to the business
- To carry out all duties working within the companies and departments systems, procedures and protocols
- To take a project brief from an SEC Interiors Sales Person and from this, in conjunction with the Sales and Design team, produce detailed specifications and quotations. This may include supporting Project Sales persons at client and/or site visit
- To work with the Design team so that SEC is able to produce CAD drawings and images for SEC Interiors projects, starting from either receipt of emailed architects plans or working from the company’s surveys
- In conjunction with the Sales and Design teams, suppliers and sub contractor support network, determine performance specifications of applied products, on a technical level as well as from client aesthetic expectation
- To accurately estimate the quantities of materials required to effectively complete the work against the client requirements and to be able to select suitable/effective products
- To complete detailed and accurate costing sheets for material and sub contractor based aspects of works from plans
- Communicate with sub-contract network to obtain quotations from these to incorporate into SEC Interior Proposals. Sub-contractor proposals generally obtained for electrical, HVAC, data, decoration and small building works, as well as project specific specialist suppliers
- The ability to analyse quotations received to ensure our requirement is met, to ascertain best price and to collate all information to produce an accurate readable proposal against set KPI deadlines
- Where required, to carry out detailed measure surveys sites to gain a full understanding of what SEC Interiors are specifying and quoting
- To ensure all project paperwork and associated documentation is completed, in accordance with company procedures
- To deal with telephone enquires in a professional manner; forwarding to colleagues as appropriate
- The job holder will need to be able to communicate with people at all levels including at Board Level
- Must be able to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- It will be important to take into account all aspects of documents provided in order to delivery professional, competent and successful bids
- Have strong commercial awareness and an understanding of how to mitigate potential risks presented to SEC
- To produce company documentation as and when required, e.g. emails, letters and reports
- To maintain and update company databases including CRM system and In house software packages (Goldmine and H Suite) ensuring effective and timely capture of incoming data
- To ensure all quotations and specifications adhere to company standards, policies, procedures and guidelines
- To carry out any reasonable business task or activity that is requested by the company managers or directors
- To develop company standards and systems, to constantly improve effective production and quality of proposals
- Understand and embrace SEC core values of Integrity, Teamwork, Pride, Passion and Dedication
- The job holder should communicate regularly regarding workload with management and will need excellent time management skills to plan and priorities their work
The role would suit someone with 5 years or more experience working in a similar role within a Commercial Interiors fit out and refurbishment company. A general knowledge of the same/light construction and understanding of tender documents, JCT Contracts and Design and Build processes. A surveying back ground would be advantageous.
Knowledge / Education / Qualifications
- Educated to Degree level
- GSCE’s including Maths and English
- Technical background
- Construction based industry experience
- Knowledge design and project builds
- H&S in relation to design and build
- Estimating or costing experience
- Competent in MS Office suite
- Ability to delivery excellent customer service
- Must hold full clean driving licence
This is a full time role -based on 40 hours a week - 8.30am to 9.30pm (But task driven by achieving set company KPI deadlines). The salary is between £35,000 and £45,000 depending on experience.
If you would like to apply for this position, please call Workstream's Bicester head office on 01280 848888 (Monday-Friday, 08:00-17:30) or click on the Apply link.
Workstream welcomes job applications from all suitably qualified candidates. We regret, however, that we are unable to offer employment to anyone without documented proof of their right to live and work in the EU/EEA.
|Workstream Job Reference||1907-114|